The living room is classified as a common space which can be spiced up with easy DIY living room ideas for everybody. There’s so much that can be done in this area of the house and the best part is that it won’t break the bank.
Customize your wall
Forget about plain painted walls; they’re just boring! Nothing screams exquisite quite as much as a customized wall painting. Now, this might sound super difficult, but it’s actually really easy and heaps of fun to do. Your entire family can get it on these DIY living room ideas, making it an activity for everyone.
What you need:
- Roller painting brush
- Frog Tape
- Wall paint
*For the wall paint you can choose as many different colors as you like or you can stick to one solid color.
- Before starting, be sure that your wall is ready for painting. This would mean removing wallpaper (if your wall is covered in wallpaper) and any other old paint etc.
- The next step entails getting your tape laid across the wall. You can get creative here and choose whatever patterns you like. Either something as illustrated in the picture or maybe something simpler, like horizontal or vertical lines.
- After you have applied the tape to the wall and have everything in place the actual painting can begin. Grab the roller painting brush and immerse it in the paint and start applying it over the walls.
- If you have chosen a few different shades of paint then you can fill in patches of where you would like it to be.
- Once the paint has dried slowly start peeling away the tape. Be extra gentle so that you do not accidentally rip off any paint.
A fun way to accessorize the living room is by changing things up. One of our all-time favorite DIY living room ideas happens to be this one, particularly because of how unique it is. It’s also a great way to make your old curtains look brand new and all you need is a little time on your hands for this one.
What you’ll need:
- Sewing kit
- 3D Fabric flowers of your choice
- Before getting started, have your old curtains washed so that they look as good as new.
- Find a workspace that has plenty of space and gather all the flowers and the curtains.
- Start at the bottom corners of the curtains and steadily sew on each flower.
- Work your way up until you reach around 22’ of the curtain.
- Thereafter, scatter the flowers around and sew on securely.
*For this DIY living room idea you will need a little sewing knowledge.
It’s always great walking into a place and seeing a few flowers hanging from the ceiling. With this easy, budget friendly DIY you can customize your ceilings with this awesome flower idea.
What you’ll need:
- Styrofoam ball
- Artificial flowers of your choice (with stems)
- Hook (for the ceiling)
- Wrap the yarn around the Styrofoam ball a couple times. Leave a longer piece where you will be able to hang the ball from the ceiling.
- Trim the stems of the flowers, until they can sit easily flush into the Styrofoam ball.
- Insert the flowers in the Styrofoam ball until it’s fully covered.
- Take the hook (available at DIY stores) and insert it into the ceiling
- Tie the yarn that was left in step one around the hook.
Avoid getting your drinks spilt on your couch with this genius DIY Idea.
What you’ll need:
- Wooden planks
- First things first, get accurate measurements of the width of the coach you wish to add this coaster to.
- Next, take these measurements to your local timber store and ask them to cut our pieces of wood. You will want to be as accurate as possible, but remember to leave a few extra inches in order to get the planks to fit snug.
- Assemble the wooden planks together using a drill and screws.
DIY living room Ideas
There are so many different things that can be done to make your living room more personal. It’s always about finding your personal style and working with what you have. Our ideas are aimed to inspire you to do different things.
Always try out new ideas and play around with different concepts, you’ll be surprised by what you can do!