When guests come over to your house the door is the first thing that they look at. With summer arriving and hotter days approaching it’s time to change things up with some easy DIY door decorations. Doors can create so much of character, even to the simplest of houses. There are so many unique door decorations that you can try out to customize your home.
Sure, buying door decorations is quicker but at the same time, you’re disallowing yourself to create something that you truly like. The best thing about DIY’s is that you can create unique pieces that no one else has. Everything can be designed according to your taste and personal style preference.
When doing a DIY it doesn’t have to be exactly the same, you can change things up to make it fit your likings. Use inspirations from around you; just like we have in our DIY Summer door decorations below. These decorations are simply easy to do, you should definitely try them out!
Animal-inspired door decoration
If you’re someone who loves animals then this one’s for you. Using an animal such as a bird will create a very welcoming feel to your home. It shows that you are kind and nurturing and it helps others get a glimpse of your personality. It works well as a summer door decoration because of the pinkish-white roses that set a very soft and natural feel to it.
To create this door decoration you will need the following:
- 1 Big green artificial leaf
- 4 dozens artificial pink roses
- 2 artificial flower twigs
- Flexible wire
- Black marker
- Glue gun
- Using the wire create a shape of your desired animal
- Take the artificial leaf and draw out the pattern of the animal you’d like to create. This layer will be placed directly over the wire.
- Once you have your leaf drawn out, cut the shape out and glue it to the wire.
- Next, you’re going to take the roses and glue them on the border of the cut-out leaf.
- Place two twigs at the bottom to give your animal door decoration feet.
- Now, take the ribbon and tie it to the wire so that you can hang it on a nail on your door.
Summer romance DIY door decoration
If you’re a romantic at heart then you can use this DIY door decoration idea. It’s easier than the animal inspired door piece, yet has a hearty feel to it. Flowers make even the dullest houses come alive and here’s how you can make your home look lively again.
To create this door decoration here’s what you’ll need:
- Flexible wire
- 4 dozen mixed artificial flowers
- Small artificial leafs
- Glue gun
- Mold the flexible wire into a heart shape
- Take more wire and place it across the molded heart shaped wire.
- Starting at the top, glue one rose at a time and stick it to the wire.
- To finish off, glue the leaves to the sides of the rack. This can be placed wherever you want.
- Tie the ribbon at the top of the wire and hang on your door.
Frame inspired DIY Door decoration
Another simple and elegant idea to use this summer on your door is this frame decoration. It’s way easier to do than the previous 2 ideas and you can go crazy with it.
Here’s what you’ll need to create this classy décor item:
- Large mason jar/ Stainless steel vase
- Wooden Plank
- Adhesive Hooks
- Artificial flowers
- 2 Complimentary shades of paint (optional)
- Take the mason jar/ stainless steel vase and add your favorite artificial flowers.
- Place the flowers tightly together with some string so that the stay in place.
- If you want to paint the wooden plank to a color of your choice then do so and allow to dry (optional).
- Once your plank has dried, hit in an adhesive hook into it for the vase/ jar.
- Tie a strong piece of string around the mason jar and hang it on the adhesive hook.
- Place on your door.
Can these summer door decorations be used in winter?
The best thing about these DIY door decorations is that you can use them for just about any season. All you will need to do is change the flowers and color schemes to fit the season you’re in.