If you’re wary of using chemicals and other unknown stuff on your hair, consider switching to more natural products that have the potential to do wonders for your tresses. For instance, DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo has a pH level of 2.9 as against the pH level of your hair which is 4.5 to 5.5. For this reason, apple cider vinegar (ACV) works to settle the cuticles of your hair and lock in the moisture, proteins, and natural oils. The result? Smooth, gorgeous health that shines with health. Here are some of the easiest recipes you can make at home.
Apple Cider Vinegar with Castile Soap
Castile soap is one of the mildest and safest of cleansing products you have around the house. Available in solid bar and liquid form, castile soap is essentially a mix of soda and olive oil with no other chemical additives. To make the DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo, you’ll need half a cup of liquid castile soap and a tablespoon of ACV. Mix well and use as you would a regular shampoo.
Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo with Essential Oils and Vitamin E
If you like your hair to smell fragrant, try adding a few drops of your favorite essential oils. A little vitamin E will add to the benefits of your shampoo. That’s because vitamin E can condition your hair, prevent hair loss, and stimulate the growth of new hair. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Liquid Castile Soap
- ¼ cup Distilled Water
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Vitamin E Oil
- A few drops of the Essential Oil you like best (for instance, lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, chamomile, or any other)
In a small bowl, pour the liquid castile soap. Add the other ingredients one by one, gently stirring all the time so that they blend well. Your DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo is now ready for use.
Baking Soda Cleanser with Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner
Proponents of natural cleansing agents swear by the benefits of good old baking soda. It can clean your hair of all the dirt and pollution, and clear away all the buildup left behind by the chemical shampoos you’ve been using all these years. Here how to change your hair care routine with a DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo and conditioner. Your tresses will thank you for it.
For the Cleansing:
- Mix one part baking soda with three parts of water and fill a squeeze bottle.
- Dampen your hair and squirt the mixture all over your scalp. Also, coat the strands to the tips.
- Allow it to work for about 2 to 3 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
For the Conditioning:
Make a mixture of one part ACV and four parts of water. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oils along with a teaspoon of vitamin E oil. Stir thoroughly and add it to a squeeze bottle.
- Holding your head back in the shower and with your eyes closed, pour the conditioner all over the top of your head letting the liquid run down the length of your tresses and coating them.
- You can also take some of the liquid in your palm and spread it evenly all over your hair.
- Give the ACV a few seconds to work and then rinse with cold water. Remember the cold water also works to settle the cuticles so your hair has a shinier appearance.
Coconut Milk with Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Coconut milk is another wonder ingredient for your locks. Use this mixture in place of your regular shampoo and see the difference. It is advisable, though, that you make only a one-time use batch. Mix these ingredients adding them one by one, stirring all the while:
- 1 ½ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Castor Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 to 6 drops of any Essential Oil
Rely on these DIY apple cider vinegar shampoo recipes and watch your hair shine.