Detoxing your body is the process of ridding your lymphatic system, kidneys, intestines, and other organs of the accumulation of toxins. These toxic substances make their way into your body by way of the chemicals such as preservatives, pesticides, additives, and food coloring present in the processed foods you eat and the other products you use. Naturopaths and alternative medicine proponents recommend that you do a cranberry juice detox from time to time to cleanse your body of the harmful elements for complete health and wellness.
Week-long Cranberry Juice Detox Program
Schedule the detox session for a week when you don’t have any taxing mental or physical tasks planned. Using a vacation week to detox would be ideal. Begin by filling a clean 32-ounce container with 4 to 6 ounces of undiluted cranberry juice that does not contain added sugar. Fill the container to capacity with filtered water. You’re now set for your week-long detox program.
- Day 1 – Drink the cranberry juice and water mix all through the day avoiding food completely. Split the quantity across mealtimes.
- Day 2 – Prepare a fresh portion of the cranberry juice detox mix. Depending on your tolerance levels, you can repeat the 32-ounce cranberry juice and water diet for the second day.
- Day 3 – Drink 4 to 6 ounces of the detox juice and water about an hour before breakfast. Eat organic fruit and whole grain cereal for breakfast. For the rest of your meals, continue with the detox mix.
- Day 4 – Drink 4 to 6 ounces of the detox juice and water before each of the 3 meals you eat today. Include whole grains, fruits, nuts, beans, and vegetables. Make sure every food you eat is unprocessed and does not contain preservatives and added sugar and salt. Avoid meat completely, but you can include grass-fed, low-fat yogurt without additives for the probiotics. And, if you absolutely need sweetener, add a teaspoon of organic honey to your food.
- Days 5, 6, and 7 – Follow the same diet as Day 4.
- If you choose, you can continue with the Day 4 diet for another week.
Other Cranberry Juice Detox Ideas
If you think that your personal and professional commitments cannot accommodate a week-long detox diet, try one of the recipes below. Substitute any meal of the day with a glass of one of these cranberry juice detox mixes and you can rid your body of toxins.
- All Berry Detox: Blend cranberries and raspberries or blackberries together using the ingredients in equal quantities. Half a cup of each variety of berries should yield a glassful when you top the juice with ice. Treat your body to a cocktail of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Fruits and Vegetable Detox: Load your blender with half a cup each of fresh cranberries, coconut milk, and oranges. Add a quarter of a cup of mango and a stalk of celery. In place of the celery, you can also add half a cup of baby kale. Blend well and pour into a tall glass with a generous topping of ice. Sip your way through the glass and nourish your body with the goodness of vitamins and minerals.
- Berry Cocktail with the Power of Fiber: Combine a fourth of a cup each of cranberries and blueberries with half a cup of pears. Add 8 ounces of filtered water and blend. Chill or add lots of ice before drinking. Alternatively, you can make a fruit infusion with these ingredients. Add the chopped fruit to the water and let it stand overnight. Strain and drink in the morning for a detox.
Depending on your tastes and work schedule, you can choose from any of the cranberry juice detox ideas. Add them to your diet and soon you will start to feel lighter, more energetic, and full of health and wellness.