If you’ve been looking for the perfect solution for all your hair care woes, you don’t need to look further than the shelves of your pantry. Olive oil for hair is the best remedy that is natural and without the possibility of any harmful side effects or allergies. Whatever may be the hair issue you’re experiencing, olive oil is the go-to product thanks to ist exceptional moisturizing benefits. You can safely use olive oil by itself or combine it with other natural ingredients that are good enough to eat. Take a look at these everyday hair care issues most women face and how olive oil can help.
Olive Oil as a Conditioner and Moisturizer
Olive oil contains antioxidants along with vitamins A and E. For this reason, it can protect the keratin in your hair and preserve its moisture content. Replace your regular conditioner with olive oil and you’ll be amazed to see how soft and shiny your tresses get. You can also use olive oil for hair for deep conditioning. Here’s how:
- Warm half a cup of olive oil in the microwave or cooktop.
- Massage it gently into the scalp using some of it to coat each strand.
- Leave the oil on for about 30 minutes.
- Dip a towel in hot water and wring it out to remove the excess.
- Wrap your head in the damp towel so that the goodness of the olive oil seeps into your scalp to nourish the roots and stimulate blood circulation.
- Wash out the olive oil with a mild shampoo. Dry as usual.
Olive Oil to Remove Frizz and Static
Managing and styling hair in the winter months is one of the most difficult things to do. That’s because of the static and frizz. You may also notice more of split ends as your hair seems drier and just won’t behave. The flyaway strands you see are the result of the synthetic hats, hair dryers, and other styling tools you use. While these products are essential for the winter months, they lend a negative charge to your hair strands causing irritation to the cuticles so that they stand up.
The best solution? Olive oil for hair. Take a teaspoon of oil in your palms and smooth it over your still damp tresses paying special attention to the ends. Olive oil weighs down your hair just the right amount so that the flyaway strands are tamed. Go ahead and style your locks as you want.
Olive Oil to Remove Dandruff
Dandruff is just the dry flakes of skin that your scalp sheds. To get rid of this problem, try this wonder recipe that contains lemon juice and olive oil for hair. Lemon juice helps loosen the flakes of skin on your scalp while olive oil works to moisturize and condition the new layer of skin that’s emerging.
- Mix two tablespoons each of water, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Stir until the ingredients are blended well and massage into your scalp after spritzing with a spray bottle.
- Allow the solution to work for about 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and dry normally.
Olive Oil to Promote Hair Growth
Using olive oil for hair regularly for a few weeks can give you stronger and thicker hair. That’s because olive oil can prevent the buildup of sebum in your hair that prevents the development of new hair follicles. Make it a point to deep condition with olive oil every weekend and after a few weeks, you should notice a marked improvement in how your hair looks and feels.
Olive Oil is a Highly Versatile Product
Olive oil also works as a great carrier since it combines well with other ingredients. Here are a few quick deep conditioners you can make at home:
- Half a cup of honey mixed with one-fourth of a cup of olive oil
- Coconut oil and olive oil mixed in equal quantities (Use every day or as a deep conditioner)
- Avocado oil and olive oil blended in equal amounts
- Indian gooseberry powder, castor oil, and olive oil in equal amounts (Mix well and use as a hair mask. Shampoo after 30 minutes and dry normally.)
Tap into the amazing benefits of olive oil for hair and you’ll never have another bad hair day again.