AH ! this sinking, sour smell!! not again my husband said. I know what he meant, it has to be that sour smell from the sink in our kitchen again? so, you can only imagine how pleased I was to stumble on this recipe from Pop-sugar on how to DIY your own Homemade Garbage Disposal Refreshers fast and easy.
In no time at all, I quickly bought the needed materials and made this disposal refresher. I tested it, added my own unique spin and it worked perfectly.
If your waste disposal isn’t really as fresh (just like mine) as it ought to be, Then this Do It Yourself homemade Garbage Disposal refresher is the best tested and proven solution for it.
The lemon in this very effective homemade Cleaning Solution adds a light, crisp smell to brighten up your kitchen sink. Once made, just put it into your disposal, run some water and run your disposal for a few seconds and voila!
This is so super easy to make, Heck, I even described this as the detoxification of your Garbage Disposal! Made with lemon peel and also cooking soft drink, these little rounds stuff are a significant cleansing hit and also quite inexpensive.
- Gather the ingredients for making the garbage disposal refreshers.
- Measure and add the baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, and give a stir, ensuring the mixture isn’t lumpy.
- Now grate the lemon peel into the mixture along with adding the liquid dish soap.
- Slice the lemon in half, and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- Continue stirring and adding juice until the mixture resembles coarse sand, which should take around three tablespoons of juice.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, use a small spoon or scoop to mold the half rounds, and then tap them out onto the pan.
- A rounded teaspoon measuring spoon works wonderfully. Continue molding the refreshers until the mixture is gone. Allow drying overnight.
- Place the dried garbage disposal refreshers in a seal-able container.
When your sink isn’t smelling fresh, simply place a few in the disposal, and flip the switch.
DIY Garbage Disposal Refreshers Method 2
- White vinegar (helpful tip: you can find vinegar from Here)
- Citrus peels
- Muffin tin or ice cube tray
- Put a few citrus peels into a muffin tin or ice cube tray and fill with vinegar. Freeze until solid and transfer to a lidded container.
- To use, put a cube down the disposal and run it. The ice actually helps to sharpen the disposal blade, and your funky kitchen smells will be replaced with a super yum citrus scent!
Also, Check Out: Best Homemade Laundry Detergent
So over to you.
Try this simple Homemade solution to make your own garbage disposal refreshers to help freshen, clean, and deodorize your garbage disposal today and drop me A COMMENT below to let me know how it turned out.