In recent times, you’ve probably heard about various studies being conducted on cosmetics, creams, and other so-called beauty agents. Researchers have found that some of the chemicals added to these products are extremely toxic. They can cause allergic reactions and hormonal changes that can result in adverse reactions in the body if used on a regular basis. If you’ve been looking for organic alternatives that are safe for use, consider making homemade face creams. Pick out natural ingredients that you can easily find in the grocery aisles of your local supermarket. And, make your own creams that leave your skin with a lovely, healthy glow.
Almond and Coconut Oil Homemade Face Cream
This easy-to-make cream contains ingredients that are healthy enough to eat. Try this recipe that yields about half a cup of cream and lasts you for 3 months.
What You Need:
- ¼ cup Almond Oil
- ½ tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Beeswax
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- A Glass Cosmetic Jar
- Place all the ingredients in a heat-resistant glass jar.
- Fill a flat-bottomed pan with 3 to 4 inches of water and warm until the water starts to simmer.
- Place the jar uncovered in the pot and let it warm on a low heat.
- Stir every now and then so that the ingredients melt and blend together.
- Remove from the pot and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour out the cream into a small glass jar, cover, and store in a cool place.
- You can apply the cream twice a day after cleaning your face well.
Avocado and Wheat Germ Oil Homemade Face Cream
Here’s another recipe that will keep your skin supple smooth and hydrated. You can safely store the cream in a cool place for 4 weeks without it spoiling. But, if you don’t mind adding a little preservative, it will keep for up to 12 months.
What You Need:
- 1 tsp Wheat Germ Oil
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 3 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Spring Water
- 1 tbsp Organic Emulsifying Wax
- 3 drops Rosewood Essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 Glass Cosmetic Jar
- Place the wheat germ oil, avocado oil, vitamin E oil, and organic emulsifying wax in a heatproof glass jar.
- Pour the rose water and spring water in a separate jar.
- Place both jars in a large flat-bottomed pan with 3 to 4 inches water.
- Warm the pan over low heat until the water starts to simmer.
- When the wax has melted, remove both containers.
- Stir in wax and oils until they have blended completely.
- Now combine the two liquids and stir well.
- Give the mixture time to cool, and when it starts to thicken, add the essential oils.
- Transfer the cream to the cosmetic jar.
- Apply the cream twice a day after cleansing your face thoroughly.
How to Add Preservative To Your Homemade Face Cream:
In case you would prefer to add a preservative, look for a food-grade product and read the guidelines about the right temperature at which you should use it. Typically, you should add the preservative when the cream is just a little warm. Add about 1 gram of the product and stir well at step 8 before adding the essential oils.
Homemade face creams are not only easy to make and use, but they keep your skin and body protected from the harmful effects of chemicals. Remember, you can always play around with the essential oils you like best. Make the substitutions in the same quantities and you’ll have a new product to try every few months.