There are a number of over the counter drugs that can be used as a treatment for acne; however, they have terrible side effects. An excellent product to introduce into your skin-care regime that can treat acne and other problematic skin conditions is rosehip oil.
This miracle oil is packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids that help heal the skin and promote healthy skin cells. Rosehip oil can be used by both adults and teens daily to improve the texture of the skin.
What is rosehip oil and how is it made?
Rosehip oil is harvested from the intensely red rose bush fruit which naturally grows. The seeds are taken from the rose plant and extracted by steam distillation to form pressed seed oil. The oil contains high levels of vitamin A, omega-6 and omega-3 which give it wonderful regenerative properties.
Why use rosehip for acne?
Rosehip oil is a great natural remedy that is ideal for acne-prone skin. It combats acne and acne scarring and also improves collagen in the skin. Not only is this great for anti-aging but also for sun damaged skin and pigmentation. Its healing abilities can drastically speed up the process of clearing acne and help the skin recover.
How to implement rosehip in your skin routine?
Use rosehip oil once or twice a day after cleansing and toning your skin. Gently pat your skin dry and massage the oil into your skin. If you’re applying makeup wait for the oil to absorb into your skin first, although it’s advice not to use any makeup after application.
*It’s important to ensure that you aren’t allergic to rosehip oil so make sure to test it out on a small area of skin beforehand.
Everything you need to know about acne:
How does acne start out and what types of acne are there?
The causes of acne can vary; it could be caused by hormones, stress, poor dietary and lifestyle choices etc.
The process of how acne starts out is simple; the skin produces excess oil which then clogs the hair follicles, leading to a bacterial overgrowth. The bacteria as we know it causes acne which can be found anywhere on the body but most commonly on the chest, back and face.
The different types of acne are:
• Cystic acne- Is a dreadful type of pore blockage that occurs under the skin. Cystic acne can be a bit painful and take a while to clear up.
• Blackheads- The skin’s pores get clogged and form a blackhead. Skin cells, oil and bacteria all combine and get trapped in a single pore. The top of the pore remains open and a dark surface of the skin is visible.
• Whiteheads- Caused like a blackhead but with one difference; a white like surface. The reason a whitehead has a white surface is because the top of the is pore closed.
• Nodules- Clogged pores that grow larger due to irritation. Sebum and dirt are joined by an overactive sebaceous gland that leads to inflamed painful zits.
• Papules- Hard, clogged pores that is usually pink and severely inflamed. Papules form together to create a rash and change the texture of the skin. They are also small in size and are harmless.
• Pustules- Are small round lesions that contain pus and fluid. Typically speaking pustules are red in color with yellow/white centers. They can get quite large but it’s best not to pop.
Rosehip oil is a great remedy that can help clear out acne and the best part is that it isn’t costly and doesn’t have any harmful chemicals.