Argan oil may well be one of the best products for your hair considering that it can moisturize the strands and even reverse the damage caused by the use of chemicals on your scalp. Make your own DIY argan oil shampoo and watch as it clears dandruff and repairs split ends.
Argan Oil Shampoo with the Goodness of Coconut Oil
Given that both argan oil and coconut oil can work wonders for your hair and skin, you cannot go wrong with this shampoo that combines the goodness of both products. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 ounces Distilled Water
- 20 ml Potassium Cocoate, a foaming agent made by combining pure coconut oil and potassium hydroxide
- A few drops of Rosemary Antioxidant Extract to raise the shelf life of the shampoo
- 1 tsp Argan Oil
- 16 drops Rosewood Essential Oil
- A thermometer for checking the temperature
- A few drops of any Essential Oil according to preference
- A few drops of Honey (for dry scalp)
- Warm the water in a sterile container to 37C degrees and set aside. (If you intend to add honey, mix it into the water.)
- Combine the argan oil and potassium cocoate in another container, warm to 37C degrees and set aside. Use the thermometer to check for the right temperature.
- Mix the water and the oils and stir well.
- Once the solution has cooled, you can add the extract and essential oils and blend carefully.
- You can now transfer your DIY argan oil shampoo into a pump bottle and let it stand for 24 hours before using.
- If you have a drier scalp, raise the amount of argan oil you’re adding,
Argan Oil Shampoo with Castile Soap
Given that castile soap is an organic, non-toxic cleansing agent made with olive oil, you can safely use it to make a DIY argan oil shampoo that nourishes your tresses. Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ cup Distilled Water
- ¼ cup Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 tbsp Organic Argan Oil
- 5 to 6 drops of Essential Oil according to your hair type
- Combine all the ingredients save for the essential oils into a clean bottle and stir well.
- If you have dry hair, choose essential oils like rosemary, lavender, myrrh, or sandalwood.
- For oily hair, add peppermint, rosemary, lemon, or lavender essential oils.
- Users with an irritated scalp can choose sunflower oil, jojoba oil, or tea tree oil.
- If you have normal hair, play around with any of your favorite fragrances.
Argan Oil Shampoo with Jojoba Oil
If you’re looking for an organic product that can treat dry to very dry hair, this DIY argan oil shampoo is precisely what you need. Here are the ingredients to add:
- 2 ounces Castile Soap
- 1 tsp Pure Argan Oil
- 2 ounces Distilled Water
- 1 tsp Jojoba Oil
- 7 drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil/ Almond Oil
- 2 to 3 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5-ounce capacity bottle with a pump cap
- Pour the castile soap into the bottle.
- Warm the distilled water slightly and add gently over the castile soap.
- Add the argan oil and then the jojoba oil.
- Top with the essential oils you’re using.
- Cover the bottle with cling foil and shake thoroughly to mix the ingredients.
- Allow to cool completely before using.
- If you like, you can test the pH levels of the shampoo which should range between 7.5 and 8. If the pH level is more than 8, add a little extra water and argan oil to balance it perfectly for your hair. Your DIY argan oil shampoo is now ready for use.
- It is recommended that you apply the shampoo, leave it on for a few minutes, and then, wash off for best results.
Argan Oil Conditioner
While a DIY argan oil shampoo is best if you would prefer to avoid chemical hair care products, you can also opt to use argan oil by itself to give your hair a lovely shine. After washing, take a few drops of the argan oil and smooth them over your damp tresses. Leave the oil on and dry as usual. Alternatively, you can rinse with cold water to seal the cuticles for a lovely smooth finish.