Gone those days when wrinkles appeared after a certain age, now pre-mature skin aging is a thing. Pollution, UV damage, poor lifestyle and stress, all lead to skin aging. As a result, the skin starts to lose its elasticity and becomes dull, saggy, puffy and wrinkly. This is where collagen face mask comes to your rescue.
Collagen is a naturally occurring protein in the bones, muscles, tendons, skin, hair, nails, tissues and all over the body. The human body is able to synthesize collagen protein and repair the loss. But as we grow old, the body loses the capacity to rebuild collagen and the remaining collagen also breaks down.
Other than the biological reasons, we also suffer from collagen loss due to smoking, radiation, and pollution. This is why we notice fine lines, wrinkles under the eyes, on the forehead, and the cheeks. When the body can’t produce collagen anymore, the dermatologists or nutritionists recommend using various collagen supplements and skin products.
Collagen Face Masks
When your body doesn’t produce enough collagen, you need to depend on external sources like collagen face masks. On regular application, collagen mask can help rejuvenate the skin, and restore firmness. Different manufacturing companies use different types of ingredients. The major components are extracted collagen or hydrolyzed marine collagen, kaolin, essential amino acids, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, squalene, citric acid, zinc oxide, methylparaben, and phenoxyethanol.
Collagen face masks are only for external use and one should check the ingredients before purchasing. If you allergic to any of the ingredients, please avoid it and replace the product with some other collagen mask that is more appropriate for your skin type. Application of the mask is restricted to once or twice a week. For best results, mix your collagen face mask with other face packs and apply on your skin.
Benefits of a Collagen Face Mask
Use of collagen to rebuild the skin cells is nothing new. Collagen has been in use for several ages to heal wounds, boost cell production, and maintain the firmness of the skin. The benefits of using a collagen mask are:
- Anti-aging: Collagen mask is one of the best treatments for skin aging. The anti-aging properties of collagen amplify collagen production in the skin cells. This way you notice the fine lines and wrinkles are gradually disappearing.
- Nourishing: The ingredients present in the mask penetrate the skin layers and moisturize it. As a result, you get a glowing skin instantaneously. It plumps the skin and restores elasticity. It is the best product to nourish a dehydrated and dry skin.
- Reduces Spots: Collagen masks also help you to fight spots and blemishes. Although it does not happen overnight. For remarkable results, use it for a few months and see the spots gradually diminishing.
- Rejuvenating: A number of research articles have been published that prove how external application of collagen rejuvenates the skin. It protects the skin from the UV damage and makes your skin look younger.
- Brightens the Skin: Collagen face masks not only work as an anti-aging product, but they also enhance the brightness of the skin. The UV rays cause tanning and a collagen mask can actually reduce the damages making your skin brighter.
Best Collagen Facial Masks
Unfortunately, there are not many products containing pure collagen, although all of them claim for it. Moreover, receiving a collagen treatment in a certified salon or at a dermatology clinic costs you a fortune. Therefore, to ease your buying process, we have fetched the best products.
- Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask: Mario Badescu is one of the most popular and authentic brands in the skin-care industry. The best part is now you can receive the goodness of the best anti-aging product in the form of a facial mask. Mario Badescu Super Collagen Mask is a clay-based product that plumps up the skin, tightens the pores and purifies the skin. Oatmeal is an added advantage to fight redness and inflammation.
- MJ Care Cosmetic Collagen Facial Mask Sheet: This product comes in the form of 15 assorted sheets. It is valid for all skin types. The common ingredients are shea butter, glycerin, allantoin, hydrolyzed collagen, witch hazel water, jojoba seed oil, butylene glycol, aloe vera leaf extract, portulaca oleracea extract and others.
Collagen is an essential building block of the cells and this is why to maintain the natural firmness of the skin you should use collagen masks. Research shows that when we hit 30, nearly 1.5% collagen is lost and by the time we reach 40, the loss sums up to 15%, making our skin saggy and loose. Don’t neglect the fine lines you see under the eyes or near your lips because if you don’t act fast, chances are you will lose the natural elasticity of the skin. Start early and pay attention to the guidelines; take help of a dermatologist if you have to and buy a good quality collagen face mask.